PicoWay laser-based tattoo removal procedure is one of the safest and most effective ways to eliminate permanent tattoos. Patients should feel free to ask questions and clear all their doubts before going ahead with the laser tattoo removal at a qualified med spa.
Dr. Q Medical Spa, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) provides laser tattoo removal treatments to patients in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills, CA, and surrounding communities.
- How can laser be used for removing a tattoo?
Laser tattoo removal technology involves use of high-powered, short light pulses that are delivered at a certain wavelength. The beam breaks tattoo pigments of all shades and colors. These particles gradually get eliminated by the body’s natural lymphatic system.
- Is it safe to remove tattoo using laser treatment?
Laser tattoo removal is safe when performed by an experienced and certified laser technician. However, there is always a potential for associated risks since the procedure is clinical in nature.
- What type of laser equipment is used?
Mild lasers that are of medical-grade are ideal for laser tattoo removal. For instance, PicoWay is a leading technology enabling surgeons for providing efficient and outstanding results.
- Do I need a prior consultation?
Yes, you would require a consultation appointment with a surgeon before getting the laser sessions. It is vital that you share all your past experiences with laser skin treatments during this consultation.
Responsible and dedicated treatment providers would encourage you to ask your questions during the consultation so that they can be addressed beforehand. The first priority of a treatment provider is to help you make the best decisions.
- Will the tattoo be removed completely by the laser?Majority of tattoos can be considerably reduced or removed completely. Depending on the color, age, quantity, quality, and depth of pigment most tattoos can be removed more easily than others. Professionally applied tattoos need more sessions as compared to medical or amateur tattoos because of the ink used.
- Is it painful to remove tattoo using lasers?It can be a bit uncomfortable during your laser tattoo removal procedure. People compare the sensation with the snapping of an elastic band. However, people experience pain differently depending on their tolerance levels.
- Are there any side effects to laser tattoo removal?Essentially, laser tattoo removal involves medically burning the skin in a controlled manner. Mild burning, reddening, blistering, and temporary bruising are short-term side effects. Potential side effects will be discussed by your technician. They will also provide you with pre- and post-treatment care instructions to ensure the best results.
- How many treatments are required?
Generally, complete removal of a tattoo may require anywhere from 3 to 12 sessions. Number of treatments will depend on the depth and type of the ink pigment along with other factors. Ideally, treatment sessions will get scheduled 4 to 8 weeks apart for allowing your lymphatic system to flush out all dissolved particles.
- How long does a laser tattoo removal session last?
Generally, laser removal sessions don’t last for longer than 30 to 45 minutes. However, the age, size, color, type, depth, and design intricacy will determine the time required.
Dr. Q Med Spa, headed by cosmetic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills, CA, and nearby areas for laser tattoo removal procedures.
Contact Dr. Q Medical Spa and Schedule a Consultation with California Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q on Dr. 90210)
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) by clicking here or calling 760-324-2660.
Dr. Q receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills CA, and other Southern California areas.