Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is one of the most powerful chemical peels available today. It is an effective med spa treatment for the management of melasma, hyperpigmentation, and scarred or blotchy skin.
Dr. Q Medical Spa, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt, provides chemical peel treatment to patients in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and surrounding locations.
Smooth and Even Skin Tone
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is an innovative treatment that contains multiple components to improve areas of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
The skin tone results from the presence of melanin. Melanin also causes splotchy areas of darker skin. The Cosmelan Peel reduces the natural production of melanin by inhibiting specific enzymes. This helps create an even skin tone.
A Cosmelan Peel med spa treatment will enhance the appearance of skin on the face, abdomen, hands, legs, breasts, and nipples. This peel can significantly reduce dry skin areas, dark spots, blemishes, and acne scars.
Cosmelan Peel can effectively eliminate discoloration due to melasma (brown to gray skin patches on the nasal bridge, cheeks, chin, and other areas of the face and body), and chloasma (this condition is similar to melasma, also called the Mask of Pregnancy). Furthermore, the peel balances the production of oil in the skin to improve acne.
Benefits of a Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel
- Effectively treats Melasma and Cholasma
- Mitigates hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- Gentle enough for all skin types
- Minimal pain
- Fast results
- Involves few side effects
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel Procedure
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel consists of two steps. The initial step is the in-office application of a stimulating mask. The second step is the continued use of certain Cosmelan products at home. The first treatment takes under an hour at the provider’s office to complete.
The In-Office Mask
- The provider cleans and preps the skin.
- They apply the Cosmelan mask in a thick layer.
- Upon application, the mask may sting slightly, but this will resolve soon.
- The mask will stay on for between six and twelve hours depending on the level of correction that the patient needs.
- The provider will instruct the patient on when and how to remove the mask at home.
- The patient will be provided with an after-care kit.
The Home Care Regimen
- The patient will need to remove the Cosmelan mask after the specified time with a gentle, neutral cleanser.
- They will then apply the Mesoetetic Hydra-Vital Factor K to comfort the skin and hydrate it.
- The peeling will usually start two to three days following the application of the mask.
- The patient should apply the Cosmelan II cream two to three times daily for two weeks.
The Cosmelan II cream can be used once daily after the initial two weeks.
Outcomes from the Cosmelan Peel
The patient will notice that skin aberrations start to fade and a brighter complexion begins to emerge within a week. The skin gets a bright, dazzling glow in around two weeks. These outcomes will improve over the fourth or fifth week. At this time, the full outcomes of a Cosmelan Peel will establish.
The smooth outcomes from the Cosmelan Peel sustain for several months following the treatment for patients who commit to a daily routine. For the initial two weeks after the treatment, the skin will be delicate and sensitive.
After the treatment, the patient should avoid prolonged sun exposure and use a broad spectrum sunscreen at all times. Dr. Q Medical Spa receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and nearby areas for chemical peels.
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in the Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs, Palm Desert and surrounding areas please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) by clicking here or calling 760-324-2660.